ST. CROIX YACHT CLUB
CODE OF CONDUCT
The objective of SCYC’s Code of Conduct is to provide a standard code of behavior for its members and to:
The Code of conduct of SCYC is based on the following key categories: SCYC seeks to operate in an open and friendly environment, where people show respect for each other, personal property and the club. Each Member should be a positive “role model” and as such, Members strive to:
- Maintain a welcoming atmosphere at the SCYC.
- Show respect and courtesy to all club officials, members, and guests.
- Exhibit appropriate discretion around younger members.
- Respect the privacy of members.
- Members promote the mission statement and works to accommodate the interests of all the members.
- Follow the club rules, be ethical, fair, and honest in all their dealings with each other and the club.
- Set the standard for sportsman like conduct and spirit of the sport when representing the club both on and off the water.
- Comply with local laws.
- Act responsibly and accept responsibility for their actions.
- Leave their differences at home.
- Work through disagreements in a respectful mature manner.
JR SAILOR CODE OF CONDUCT
PARENTS: please read and discuss with your child!
The primary mission of this program is to safely teach youth to sail, race, and develop a lifelong passion for the sport of sailing. We are committed to making sure that all youth are respected and encouraged, having fun and feeling safe go hand in hand.
- We will treat each other fairly and respectfully.
- We will help students and instructors when they ask.
- We will try to solve disagreements by talking it over ourselves. If we can’t, we will ask the instructors to help.
- We will respect instructor's authority at all times.
- We agree disruptive behavior is unfair to others and acknowledge that it will not be tolerated.
- We will wear our approved PFDs while on or near the water.
- Parents or guardians hereby agree to be responsible and pay for for any property damage, beyond normal wear and tear, as defined by SCYC, to the boats and/or other property of SCYC.
Electronic Signature Agreement. By selecting the "I Accept" button, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement and consent to be legally bound by this Agreement's terms and conditions.